MOOC Learning



Hi there! When given the task to get enrolled in any Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), I was thinking to take a course that would be beneficial for me. I then came to the conclusion that what could be more beneficial than taking a foreign language class! I then surfed the internet for several days and I found the perfect website for me to get into my mission, and the website is called Alison!


The website is as below:

https://alison.com/topic/learn/67920/module-1-learning-outcomes




In this class, I will learn Introductory level to French Language. I have always wanted to learn French and I found out that this website is very helpful for me in many ways. Firstly, Alison is resourceful. Not only it has classes on language, but it also has classes on other fields such as business, science, technology and many others. There are over 2000 high quality and certified courses designed by subject matter experts. Plus, they are free to take and easy to complete as the courses are self-paced. Thus, I can choose any classes that I am interested to take in one single website, and I don’t have to worry about the duration of the course as it is flexible to my own will. 





On top of that, Alison will automaticallly save my study progress. This will put me at ease as I can simply continue from last time and I don’t have to restart the course. Apart from that, Alison prepares learning reminders so I can set my own learning schedules if I choose to do so. The reminders can be set up to seven times a week, once for each day. This will be beneficial for me to keep myself on track in completing the course.




The only downside for this website is having to make a payment in order to obtained the certificate. Not only that, this website is full of advertisements and the only way to get rid of them is by subscribing to the website and choosing a package with particular benefits. However, I believe it will not be a problem for a person who is financially stable. But definitely it is not too suitable for a student like me unless I have a side income that allows me to pay for the services.


In a nutshell, Alison is a website that is more suitable for people with steady income or stable financial in shich it allows them to enjoy the benefits prepared by the website. However, it is still helpful for students who want to learn the course for the sake of knowledge!

Comments

Popular Posts